OK, I really cheated on this recipe, but I will get to that in the notes.
Parmesan and Herb-Crusted Cod
1 pound (4 fillets) Pacific cod
Fine sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup fine cornmeal
1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup almond meal
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon thyme
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels. Salt and pepper on both sides.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place a wire rack on top of a baking sheet.
- Line up three low-sided bowls. Place cornmeal in first bowl. Whisk egg with 1 tablespoon water in second bowl. In third bowl, mix together Parmesan, almond meal, oregano, and thyme.
- Bread each fillet by dredging it in cornmeal on all sides, then dipping it in egg, then pressing it into Parmesan mixture. Discard leftover breading mixtures.
- Place breaded fillets on top of wire rack on baking sheet. Drizzle lightly with oil. Bake in center of oven until fish flakes easily and is golden on top, 10 to 12 minutes. Use a metal spatulas to remove from the rack and serve immediately.
My notes: First, this recipe turned out great and my family loved it. But, I used tilapia instead of cod and threw some Panko bread crumbs in with the Parmesan because I didn’t have any almond meal. I still think this recipe would turn out well if you followed it verbatim. One tip, use some cooking spray on the wire rack before you put the fish fillets on it. My fish did stick a little.
Hope you enjoy this recipe!