I’m a big fan of mug cakes. Few ingredients, quick to make, and no sharing! What’s not to love? I made this in a ramekin, but it still counts. 🙂
Deep Dish Skillet Brownie
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons almond flour
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon granulated sweetener of choice
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon ground flax or 1 large egg
1 tablespoon oil of choice
2 tablespoons milk of choice
Chocolate chips, to top (can be sugar-free)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a mini skillet or small baking dish or ramekin and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add in the oil and milk and stir until a batter is formed.
- Top the batter with chocolate chips and bake in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until it’s just cooked in the center and the chocolate chips have melted. (Can cook in microwave, but might get gummy. Cook in 30-second intervals until desired consistency.)
My notes: This wasn’t great. If you really need a sweet fix, it will do. It didn’t have the taste or texture of a brownie though. I used pretty normal ingredients (real sugar and a real egg) because I didn’t want to buy any special ingredients, but it still turned out less than exciting. My son ate it after he put some powdered sugar on top!