This is a great lunch dish since you don’t even have to heat it up!
6 garlic cloves, chopped
1/4 cup fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup tahini
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup dry sherry
1/4 cup sherry or white wine vinegar
1/4 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon hot chili oil
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 pound spaghetti noodles
2 red or yellow bell peppers, sliced
4 green onions, sliced (optional)
- Place the garlic and ginger in a food processor fitted with a steel blade.
- Add the vegetable oil, tahini, peanut butter, soy sauce, sherry, vinegar, honey, chili oil, sesame oil, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Puree the sauce.
- Boil the spaghetti according to package directions.
- Drain the pasta and place in a large bowl. While still warm, toss with three-quarters of the sauce.
- Add the bell peppers and green onions; toss well.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Add remaining sauce, as needed, to moisten the pasta.
My notes: This is a long list of ingredients, but you can adjust the ingredients and measurements to your taste or what you have in your pantry. Enjoy!