- 1 1/2 cups canned chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup pumpkin or winter squash seeds
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons any combination of ground spices*
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Put the chickpeas, pumpkin seeds, better, salt, and spices in a bowl. Mix to coat every chickpea and seed with the spices.
- Spread the chickpeas and pumpkin seeds on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and turn the chickpeas and seeds with a spatula. Put the baking sheet back in the oven until everything is crusty and golden, about 10 more minutes.
- Let the chickpeas and seeds cool for 10 minutes. Scoop into a bowl and serve.
My notes: This is the perfect snack: inexpensive, healthy, and tasty. Also, it’s so easy to make that my 13 year old made them himself.
*One suggested spice blend is a half teaspoon each of coriander, turmeric, cumin, and cayenne pepper. We used a Penzeys spice blend.